Seeking a candidate who has a Registered Nursing Degree and a minimum of 3 years practical experience. Preference will be given to those with experience in the Human Service field working with people with disabilities. Experience with training/teaching preferred. MN and ND Nursing License required.
This position will have a varied schedule from week to week depending upon the needs of the programs and departments. Must be available for urgent consultation. Must have a valid driver's license, proof of vehicle insurance and a reliable vehicle as this position will consist of working at many locations in Moorhead, MN.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct staff training as required by MN Statute 245D
- Conduct the agency medication administration course in accordance with all guidelines set forth by the Minnesota DHS Statutes
- Conduct training on all life-saving procedures/devices
- Conduct onsite training classes as directed for example on infection control, Hoyer lift, safe lifting.
- Oversee medical documentation for clients, to include Medication Administration Record, orders and instructions for adaptive equipment, orders for use and side effects of medication.
- Provide training to employees on client-specific needs
- Provide nursing assessments regularly
- Review all staff medication errors
- Oversee medication maintenance of refilling prescriptions and completing weekly inventories
- Monitors Medication Administration Records per agency and licensing standards
- Review Incident Reports and Seizure reports as needed.